So much stuff, almost too much to type. Things are very busy and I am not sure when I will get back to regular blogging. In the meantime, here are a few tidbits that might eventually work their way into posts of their own.
– We got a new fridge, which is all fridge no freezer.
– The reason we most needed the new fridge – eating so much of our food prepared from scratch takes up a lot more space
– Buying things in bulk saves us money but things like potatoes keep better and longer in the fridge.
– I have been shopping for clothes at my new size and you can bet that is going to be a post by itself.
– I have discovered a new snack – peanut butter spread on apples. I like to eat this at 9:30pm while watching Tabatha’s Salon Takeover reruns on the Style channel on Foxtel. The Other Half believes this is a freakish snack, not eaten by “normal” people. He has never seen Tabatha’s Salon Takeover, but I am sure he would think that is freakish as well.
– We have had so much rain, the chook pen is a flooded mess. This means we are in the process of planning a new chook pen.
– The chooks have been getting a lot of treats as a consequence. They had lactose free yoghurt today.
– The colonoscopy did not happen as scheduled. Unfortunately all the “low fibre” foods I was told I had to eat to prepare actually cause a lot of irritation and inflammation in my bowel. I would have been better off sticking with my protein shakes only but they were “not allowed” even though chicken and eggs were.
– We have been revisiting the 80’s and 90’s musically – our car stereo is like a Delorean, taking us back in time.
– My oldest nephew has decided to become a pilot. This is terrifying news for me but happy and great news for him.
– The chook pen rebuild may mean less time for blogging but I will try to keep you updated.
Reading – Persuasion by Jane Austen, previous to that I re-read Game Change which is such a great book about the 2008 election campaign. It is not just about McCain/Palin as it was in the movie – it covers the democrat side fairly comprehensively as well and says some very revealing things about the Clintons. Worth a read if you like US politics.
Watching – Season 2 of Billions – Season 6 of Homeland – Big Little Lies which is just amazing.. I loved the book but the show is even better.
Drinking – We did an overnight trip to Sydney recently for a wedding and I had a glass bottle of San Pellegrino sparkling water. It was perfectly chilled and in a glass bottle which made it feel very fancy and awesome. The next day we were at Costco and they had a 24 pack of San Pellegrino in 500ml plastic bottles on special so I bought it and once a week or so I treat myself with one.
Eating – just cooked the first Brussels Sprouts for 2017 tonight. So glad they are back on the shelves!
I’ll try to post at least once a week for the next month, we’ll see how it goes. This post might actually inspire a few more to be written. :)