My good friend Sephy just reached 200 posts today. Congratulations! I know it hasn’t been easy for you but it is worth the hard work in the end.
What many people don’t know about Sephy is that he is quite a good cook. Some time ago I was looking for a Jamie Oliver recipe. He managed to find it and cooked it and then blogged about it here.
So here’s a recipe for you to cook and blog about. It’s one of my favourites. I’ve made it twice in the last week. What you choose to have with it is up to you – because it is getting cold here I’ve been making potato dishes to go with it, but in summer I would eat this with lots of fruit cut up nicely, or an avocado/greek style salad. It’s getting warm where Sephy is so those might be options. ;)
I usually mix the marinade together in a mixing bowl, mix it well with a fork and then add the chicken to that, cover and put in the fridge for 20 minutes. But you can try the bag thing if you like. You may need slightly more oil, I usually put 1/4 of a cup and keep a little bit of that aside for the frypan.
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
* 3 teaspoons ground ginger
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 4 limes, juiced
1. Pound the chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag combine the garlic, ginger, oil and lime juice. Seal bag and shake until blended. Open bag and add chicken. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for no more than 20 minutes.
2. Remove chicken from bag and grill or broil, basting with marinade, until cooked through and juices run clear. Dispose of any remaining marinade.
Do you accept the challenge Sephy? ;) If yes, when he blogs the recipe I’ll link to it so we can all enjoy it.
If you like this recipe – it is very simple – you can try using other citrus juices instead of limes. Orange is nice, lemon can be good too, I’ve tried them both. Lime sets off the ginger perfectly but limes aren’t cheap here right now.. I paid $3 for just one lime earlier this week. I’m getting a lime tree. Speaking of trees, my lemons are finally ripe! ;) Click on the image for a bigger view.
- Challenge complete!
- Coconut Mango Chicken
- Summer Menu Week 2 – New Items
- A little red curry..
- NaBloPoMo – Half Way Done!