So there I was innocently flicking around on the teevee last week and I ran into a movie known as Twilight..
What I knew about Twilight before watching it – not a lot. Three things, to be exact –
– that the other half said vampires do not sparkle in the sun and how stupid that means it all is (he is a big Anne Rice fan).
– that the cast are very pretty.
– that Kristen Stewart really does not love being on the red carpet.
I did not reckon on
– Robert Pattinson being like a car accident you just cannot look away from and at the same time incredibly charming.
– Kristen Stewart being equally compelling and by the look of it an excellent actress.
– that they would use part of the movie like an advertisement for a very fascinatory Volvo that I recently looked at in a car yard and after investigation happens to contain the exact same motor which is in our XR-5 Turbo.
– that it would be so.. green and involve so many trees.
So I was surprised to find that I liked it – in fact that I liked it so much, I watched it a second time when it was on the +2 channel.
I then went off and spoiled myself for the future books because I wanted to know what happened next. Just a couple of days later, I decided it was time to get the e-books and read them. More on Twilight at a later time, I am still processing.
I do want to type about my stunning ebooky thingy. The other half got this gadget a while back mainly as a gps however you can use it for so many other things. He has since moved on to other gadgets and I have inherited the awesomeness as an e-book reader.
I have always been a huge book reader ever since I was a kid and I was not sure that I would like an e-book reader. However it turns out I adore it for the following reasons –
– percentage thingy – it tells me at the bottom of the screen what percentage of the book I have read.
– touch screen to turn the page – absolutely silent! this does not wake the other half up yay.
– can read it in the dark.
– can carry around a whole bunch of books in the one small unit.
– do not have to hold up a heavy book – the unit is very light.
– can download a bunch of free ebooks from places like project gutenberg.
I think it is pretty reasonable at just under $166 considering you can use it as a GPS also – and having used tomtom and navman, this is actually the best GPS we’ve used. So if you are looking for either a GPS or an e-booky-reader thingy, then this could be your answer.
I will leave you with a link to one of my favourite Volvo scenes from Twilight. Enjoy!