One of the bloggers I’m hosting asked me to find a top commentators plugin for wordpress. Let it be known that I do not take adding plugins lightly. I want to test them thoroughly on my test blog before they go near the blog of someone else and that can take a bit of time given how busy I am. I eventually found one that did not break the blog or any of the other plugins, and I have uploaded this plugin to all the blogs I host.
I have already installed this plugin on a couple of the blogs when I was in their Admin screen to do something else. If you have a top commentator widget in your sidebar you don’t need to follow these instructions but it is handy to know where you can edit the options, so read it anyway. ;)
Now you have to do a little bit of work to make it work. :) Here’s what you do.
1. Go to the Plugins menu in your WordPress Admin area.
2. Scroll down until you see Top Commentators Widget – when you find it, click on activate.
3. Go to Presentation – Widgets.
4. Drag and drop the top commentators widget to the spot in your sidebar where you would like to place it.
5. Click on the three lines underneath the blue line to bring up the pop up box.
6. Enter in the settings you want. Here you see my settings as they are – you may want to copy mine if you’re not sure what to put in.
7. Finally, click on save changes in the widgets screen.
And there you have it – you’re all set up. Enjoy!